Monday, May 23, 2011

A family of 8

When I tell people that I’m from a family of six kids, they look at me like I have two heads. In our society today, the average family consists of two or three kids and the parents, or guardians, or what-have-you. Even though growing up with a bigger family had its ups and downs, I wouldn’t change my life for the world.
My family consists of my parents, Gil and Kelly Ethridge. They have been married for 29 years and are a wonderful example for me to follow as I watch them make decisions step-by-step and hand-in-hand together as one. 

Starting off the siblings is my sister, Deanna (34). She is married to her wonderful husband of almost 10 years, Deyan, and they have three children, Simeon (7), Esther (5), and Kaloyana (9 months).

Next is my brother, Tyler (29). He currently lives in Winnipeg along with Deanna. He is in a relationship with a beautiful, sweet woman named Amy and they have been together for about five or six years.

After Tyler is my other brother, Jordan (26). He is currently going to BMMS (Bethel Ministry School for Students) in California. He has been there for two years and will start his third and final year in September 2011.

Following Jordan is my sister, Courtney (22). She is married to her husband of two years, Jeremiah, and they have a daughter named Eden (11 months). They currently reside in Connecticut and Jeremiah is a Diving Instructor with the United States Navy.

My sister Maddie (19) currently lives in Halifax, Nova Scotia. She moved there almost two months ago in order to be closer to her boyfriend, Nathan, and find a better job. She is now working as an Executive Assistant at a bank and she loves being there.

Of course, then there’s me. I am 16 going on 17 and I, obviously, am a grade 11 student at KVHS. I am currently working at Dairy Queen and have been for two years. After high school, I plan to work towards becoming a midwife and youth pastor. I also plan to get married, have kids, and be successful in my career. 





 Well, for many years, this was our family.... 



Shortly after Courtney and Jeremiah's wedding, we got the news this little one was joining our family. 



And two months after Eden came, Kaloyana joined us.

No comments:

Post a Comment