Monday, May 23, 2011

Becoming an aunt (x4)

I became an aunt for the first time when I was only nine years old. We got a call from my sister, Deanna telling us she was pregnant. I remember my mom sitting on our couch, crying, and I just knew she was pregnant. My mom didn’t even have to tell me, I knew. I began screaming although, to be honest, I really didn’t know why. I had no understanding of why I was so excited. I just knew I was.


Six months later, Simeon Daniel Momtchilov joined our world and our family. The call came late at night, around one o’clock in the morning. Deyan just couldn’t stop yelling, “I have a son! I have a son!” He was pretty excited. We all were!



Two years later, Esther Iova Momtchilov made Simeon a big brother and joined our family as well. When Esther came into the world, we were at church and got the call while my parents and our pastors were in prayer, praying for a safe and fast arrival of the baby. Suddenly, the phone rang and we got the news that I had a baby niece. I savored the feeling I had when I got the news because we all figured it would be many years until another baby joined our family. Little did we know....


When Courtney and Jeremiah were married in June 2009, we knew they would want to wait a while before having children, since the process for them to get married took so long. However, just three short months after the wedding, we got a call from Courtney that threw us up into the clouds. She was pregnant! Seven months later, Eden Soleil Miller joined us, just one day after Courtney and Jeremiah’s first anniversary. We all learned something important... God’s timing is always perfect.


On Christmas Eve 2009, four months after we learned of Courtney’s pregnancy, Deanna called us with the news that she was expecting her third child! Two of my sisters pregnant at the same time!!!!! My mother (and the rest of our family) was over the moon at this news! Two months after Eden was born, we were blessed with the birth of Kaloyana Walsh in August 2010. Again, we were shown of the perfect timing of God since my mother and grandmother were there for the birth and she was born on my grandmother’s birthday.

We are now quite positive that there will be no more pregnancies or babies for a while, but there will be more eventually. For now, I (and my family) do and will continue to treasure my rockin’ 7 year old nephew, Simeon, my spunky 5 year old niece, Esther, my special 11 month old “little ray of soleil”, Eden, and my beautiful 9 month old little princess, Kaloyana.    

No comments:

Post a Comment